[TYPO3-english] Realurl & suggestion for hybrid multilanguage site

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Fri May 7 11:27:24 CEST 2010

We are going to develop a multilanguage website, and we would like to
use an hybrid solution.
We want a unique tree for languages for the most of pages, while
specific trees must be only in one language.
Of course we'll use realurl, and we are evaluating if it can be
customized to achieve what we need.

 From a (external) navigation point of view, tree should be:

/   -> multilanguage intro
/it/...    -> italian tree
/en/....  -> english tree
/dk/... -> danish tree
/common1/   -> admin functions in one language
/common2/    -> other functions in one language

Internally, we would like this structure:
- website
-- multilanguage -> tree of multilingual pages
-- common1 -> tree for common1
-- common2 -> tree for common2

It looks well clear how to make a single tree or a multi tree language
website. But how to make this mix?
Can Realurl be customized in order to develop such hybrid site?

Thanks,

Tonino

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it