[TYPO3-english] Problem with generating a menu

Axel typo3 at mooselook.de
Thu May 6 16:08:50 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm new to typo3 and I am trying to set up quite a simple site with a menu.

I'll just show you what I did.

My template setup:

# Configuring the Auto-Parser:
plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1 {
     # Read the template file:
   content = FILE
   content.file = fileadmin/templates/mooselook/tpl.html
     # Here we define which elements in the HTML that
     # should be wrapped in subpart-comments:
   elements {
     BODY.all = 1
     BODY.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_BODY
     HEAD.all = 1
     HEAD.all.subpartMarker = DOCUMENT_HEADER
     HEAD.rmTagSections = title
     TD.all = 1
   }
     # Prefix all relative paths with this value:
   relPathPrefix = fileadmin/templates/mooselook/
}

# Menu 1 cObject
temp.menu = HMENU
temp.menu.minItems = 5
   # First level menu-object, textual
temp.menu_1 = TMENU
temp.menu_1 {
     # Normal state properties
   NO.allWrap = <li> | </li>
     # Enable active state and set properties:
   ACT = 1
   ACT.allWrap = <li class="active_menu_item"> | </li>
}

temp.mainTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.mainTemplate {
     # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
     # Select only the content between the <body>-tags
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_BODY
     # Substitute the ###menu_1### subpart with some example content:
   subparts.MENU < temp.menu
     # Substitute the ###content### subpart with some example content:
   subparts.content = TEXT
   subparts.content.value = HELLO WORLD - CONTENT
}

# Main TEMPLATE cObject for the HEAD
temp.headTemplate = TEMPLATE
temp.headTemplate {
     # Feeding the content from the Auto-parser to the TEMPLATE cObject:
   template =< plugin.tx_automaketemplate_pi1
     # Select only the content between the <head>-tags
   workOnSubpart = DOCUMENT_HEADER
}

# Default PAGE object:
page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.config.doctype = xhtml_11
page.config.xhtml_cleaning = cache
page.config.renderCharset = utf-8
# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <body>-section:
page.10 < temp.mainTemplate
# Copying the content from TEMPLATE for <head>-section:
page.headerData.10 < temp.headTemplate

And my HTML code:

<ul class="menu">
<!--###MENU### start-->
<li>Über uns</li>
<li>Portfolio</li>
<li>Kontakt</li>
<li>Impressum</li>
<!--###MENU### stop-->
</ul>

And right now I really don't see why the menu structure is being generated.

Nothing there: http://www.mooselook.de

As a newbie I of course appreciate any hints and ideas.

Thank you very much!

Axel