[TYPO3-english] typo3 not happy with multiple tt_news elements

Riccardo De Contardi riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Wed May 5 17:09:54 CEST 2010

Well, first, I assume that when you've updated your tt_news, you also used
the "update wizard" in the upper right corner.

Secondly, go to your TS base template > "edit whole record" >  "includes"
tab , and check if in the "Include static (from extensions):" list the
"News settings (tt_news base)" has been loaded.

Use also TS object browser to find out if there is a default HTML template
for tt_news

If I were you, I'd also try to remove every reference to your custom HTML
templates, both in TS and in your plugins.
If everything goes right, this should force tt_news to use its default
template and you should not have blank pages (yes, the templates will be
wrong, but at least you should see everything).

Start from there and try to add your templates one by one. I suggest you
to add them via Typoscript instead of using the plugin "Template file
reference" field.

Let me know if you have problems.

Best regards