[TYPO3-english] typo3 not happy with multiple tt_news elements

Lamb, Brian blamb at jcvi.org
Wed May 5 15:44:11 CEST 2010

Firstly, thanks to Riccardo De Contardi for pointing out that installing the latest tt_news extension would allow me to easily have different TypoScript for different tt_news elements that were on the same page.

However, this has introduced a new problem. On my site, I have two different pages that have different tt_news elements listed. Because of the way the previous installation of tt_news handled templates, I had to go in and repoint to where the template files were in my page hierarchy. Doing this has produced a curious bug. Suppose my tt_news lists are on PAGE A and PAGE B. After I've gotten the templates to point to the correct location, the following happens:

If I set the template again on PAGE A, then that page displays correctly but PAGE B is blank now.
If I go back to PAGE B and reset the template there, then that page displays correctly but now PAGE A is blank.

What is going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks,

Brian Lamb