[TYPO3-english] Typo3 multilanguage issues

ppraveenk praveen.penupati at gmail.com
Tue May 4 11:59:40 CEST 2010

Tomas Mrozek wrote:

> Problems 1. and 2. seem to be connected. Are you setting
> "config.sys_language_uid" correctly? See [1].
>
> Problem 3 - database tables with the right collation set and...
>
> $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['setDBinit'] = 'SET NAMES utf8;'.chr(10).'SET
> SESSION character_set_server=utf8;';
>
> ...in the localconf.php make TYPO3 save the text correctly in the
> database. However, this needs to be set prior to entering the content.
> You won't get expected result if you set it now! (actually you would now
> most probably end up with more mess)
>
> Tomas Mrozek
> --
> [1] -
> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_l10nguide/1.1.0/view/1/2/#id2313716

Hi Tomas,

Thanks for the inputs.
In problem 1, I need a way to figure out how can I translate the page which
is dynamically generated using Typoscript.
In problem 2, I get the translated content when I visit the page but the
title shown in the breadcrumb is that of the default language but not the
translated title.
In problem 3, I face the issue only with some characters like single and
double quotes for UTF8 in the FE. I really dont feel necessary to make the
database UTF8 compatible. Please correct me if I am wrong.

cheers!
praveen