[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Fri Mar 26 16:57:53 CET 2010

Hi g4b0 or what is your name?

TemplaVoila is the greatest gift TYPO3 has got, especially if you wanna set
up modern looking Websites. Simply try it yourself. Download the
webempowered church starter or server package and setup TYPO3 websites in no
time. More or less click and go. We have here 9 year olds who like to setup
websites using this package and they have no idea how to program before they
start working with TYPO3 but they are very interested in learning how
everything is working just after trying the new framework for templavoila.

You don't need to be a programmer or a PHP guy to work with TYPO3. Have a
look to many TYPO3 websites and look behind the curtains. If you need
special features often you can realize them with Typoscript, which is easy
to learn and to read. We just had students from an University here and they
are fascinated since they realized that TYPO3 has also (IMHO one of the
best) ENGLISH documentations on webempoweredchurch.org.

Not only Christians are using this wec packages by the way. It is used as
well by buddhists, daoists, muslims and many other religions and non
religions as their documentatios and tutorials are the best you can get to
start with TYPO3. To dig deeper have a look to the podcasts and watch them
weekly. You will get lots of new ideas.

The most interesting part is that most of those who now are using TYPO3 used
Joomla or Drupal before. But since they realized that the wec package gives
you better results in much less time and that it is additionally very secure
and up- as well as downgradable. No worries about Templates or Content
missing like it will happen in a couple of months when the newest Version of
Drupal will try to hit the market.

If you have problems to use the wec package well than use something else but
be sure you miss something really great and very userfriendly CMS Package.

The wec starter package is combining the benefits of both worlds the
standard templating for the skins which you can exchange on the fly and all
are based on a "one time and than never more" mapped template framework. In
some weeks you will see lots of skins populating the TER and they will have
lots of features integrated and are exchangable as long as you are using
TemplaVoila with the framework for TemplaVoila. Of course there are also
some older free standard templates for standard templating out there.

Instead of talking you should simply invest the time in using TYPO3, than
all Talking will be obsolete and we would have another member in our
community soon ;-)
Yes TYPO3 is like a Virus - if you get infected it is quite hard to get rid
of it again! It is not only the Software but it is its for sure its
Community and Activities surrounding it.

Andi