[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Tyler Kraft tyler.kraft at netefficiency.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 14:18:06 CET 2010

Hi g4b0,

> You should also check these resources.
> - http://webempoweredchurch.org/
> - http://templavoila.busynoggin.com/
>
> With Templavoila framework, you have as site to test up and running in no time.

And once you begin to understand typoscript and the basic ideas of
templating you can have a site up and running in an even shorter time
without templavolia ;-)

Templavoila is a very nice looking wizard and a means to integrate
templates (and also create bespoke content items), and it can allow you
to do some very complicated things, but often it simply adds an extra
layer to building a simple site. Only once in the last 5 years have we
ever really had a call to use it. And that in itself was simply or a
very difficult bespoke content item. Every other time we've managed to
realise things quicker and simpler without it - thats personal preference.

Templavolia is simple one means to an end with typo3 - like most things
in typo3, there are multiple ways to do it and circumstances and
personal preference will dictate which one is the best method for you.
In my opinion *this* is perhaps the one of the greatest strengths of
typo3 - multiple ways to do just about everything and power of it's own
typoscript 'language'. As others have already said it isn't actually a
language as such, but it often will allow you build something without
having to use any actual language.  If you would like some examples I'd
be happy to show you some.

Hope that helps
Tyler