[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Tonix (Antonio Nati) tonix at interazioni.it
Thu Mar 25 19:23:41 CET 2010

JoH asenau ha scritto:
>> I never said it should be excluded. Infact it is an extension. Simply
>> I don't use it and don't recommend it.
>> But I found not acceptable to be forced to use it (as it seems going
>> to be).
>>

> AFAIK about the upcoming versions of the 4.x branch, you won't be forced to
> use fluid or TemplaVoila at all.

What about version 5.x? We still want to use TYPO3, but we have the
feeling V5.x will break the most of features we use.
So, we are going to develop new extensions using "old" methods, but we
are upset for the future we see.

> It's just the contrary and we are trying to implement features into the core
> that might enable people to get parts of the TV functionality without the
> XML DS/TO overhead, while still leaving TypoScript as the "templating
> engine".

Also for 5.x?

> i.e. take a look at this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxfNd4TYbk
> The first project making use of this feature can be found here:
> www.charles-voegele.com
> Actually this is a good example of the multilingual capabilities of TYPO3 as
> well AND it has tons of graphics that were created automatically including
> masks and transparencies, just by using the GIFBUILDER interface of the
> icepack extensions. The editors just have to upload the images and write
> some headlines, the rest is created on the fly according to the CI
> specifications implemented as Master Elements or ICE flavors.
>
> Anybody knows another open source CMS, that is able to handle all that as
> easily as TYPO3? - I don't

What you show is good related to multilanguage, but besides that
probably we have different needs and opinions.

I see a "webmaster" centered tool, while we need a group centered tool
where each one makes his cohordinated job without the need of the other one.
If a customer of ours asks for a graphic change in HTML template, I ask
the change to a HTML graphic, and he/her can make *any* kind of
structural change to HTML templates and publish it without knowing TYPO3
(except "flush cache" command :-) ).

I don't understand if we'll be able to do the same with V5.

Tonino

> Joey

        Inter at zioni            Interazioni di Antonio Nati
   http://www.interazioni.it      tonix at interazioni.it