[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Mar 25 18:49:22 CET 2010

> I never said it should be excluded. Infact it is an extension. Simply
> I don't use it and don't recommend it.
> But I found not acceptable to be forced to use it (as it seems going
> to be).

AFAIK about the upcoming versions of the 4.x branch, you won't be forced to
use fluid or TemplaVoila at all.
It's just the contrary and we are trying to implement features into the core
that might enable people to get parts of the TV functionality without the
XML DS/TO overhead, while still leaving TypoScript as the "templating
engine".

i.e. take a look at this one: www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsxfNd4TYbk
The first project making use of this feature can be found here:
www.charles-voegele.com
Actually this is a good example of the multilingual capabilities of TYPO3 as
well AND it has tons of graphics that were created automatically including
masks and transparencies, just by using the GIFBUILDER interface of the
icepack extensions. The editors just have to upload the images and write
some headlines, the rest is created on the fly according to the CI
specifications implemented as Master Elements or ICE flavors.

Anybody knows another open source CMS, that is able to handle all that as
easily as TYPO3? - I don't

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de