[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Mar 25 13:52:22 CET 2010

Well Ricardo

Interesting article but totally disagree with this:

"When you can choose something that takes 5 minutes to install instead of a
day and 2 days to deploy instead of 2 months? OK, maybe that was a little
bit harsh but you get the picture."

It took us only 6 Minutes to setup TYPO3 including Forum, News, Cal, Devo
Journal, Podcasting, GoogleMaps, Frontend register, Login, Guestbook, Blog,
Jobboard, Flash presentation manager and more and of course we changed the
templates. It is like always: When you are familiar with something than you
are probably faster than with something else you are not familiar with.

Unfortunately this Article is not at all talking about the huge security
problems especially Joomla and Drupal are having. Last week we talked to a
Director of a hosting company and he was not at all happy with all these
Joomla sites on his servers as everyday they have more and more security
problems with it. He supports by the way the translation to Thai of TYPO3
now as he knows this CMS very well and has done already part of the
translation by himself.

Andi