[TYPO3-english] choosing typo3

Riccardo De Contardi riccardo.decontardi at bhuman.it
Thu Mar 25 14:35:21 CET 2010

> It took us only 6 Minutes to setup TYPO3 including Forum, News, Cal, Devo
> Journal, Podcasting, GoogleMaps, Frontend register, Login, Guestbook,
> Blog,
> Jobboard, Flash presentation manager and more and of course we changed
> the
> templates. It is like always: When you are familiar with something than
> you
> are probably faster than with something else you are not familiar with.

I totally agree with you: if you find the right extension that fits your
needs, setting up thing in T3 goes REALLY fast!
(provided its documentation is good enough: a lot of extensions have poor
documentation or no documentation at all)
Moreover, Templavoila is one of the greatest thing I've ever seen: I can
write the HTML myself as I need (with very few limitations) and bring it
into T3 with few clicks.

> Unfortunately this Article is not at all talking about the huge security
> problems especially Joomla and Drupal are having.

I'm not skilled on security issues, but I guess you're right. Check this
article (not very recent to be honest) http://secure.t3sec.info/comparison/

Best regards