[TYPO3-english] Weirdest bug i've ever seen - Imagemagick not recognized when conecting to BE from a certain ISP

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Mon Jun 14 20:59:20 CEST 2010

Christophe Stadler wrote:
> However, when my student is at home (connecting through the ISP Fastnet) he
> has a weird problem. When he goes to the InstallTool>Basic or Image
> Processing the system reports that Imagemagick is not installed and
> ImageProcessing tests are skipped. Because of this he has a lot of problems
> when working in the backend, sometimes all the thumbnails disapear and
> options he sets for the images (width/height/clickenlarge/url) don't work.

I have similar problem but not the same I think.

Sometimes the Imagemagick at the server is gone for few hours and then
back and works. Gone means:
- Install Tool doesn't detect it,
- even if the path is good the scalling doesn't work.

Interesting is that when it does not work in TYPO3 it works "standalone".
I test it by little script calling

<?php
exec("/bin/convert input.jpg -thumbnail 50x50 output.jpg");
?>

So far it happened 2 times during last week.

But I can not connect that to any specific ISP/workstation as in your
case. If it does not work it does not work from few diffrent ISP.

BTW what hosting do you have? I am on HostEurope.

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz