[TYPO3-english] Robots.txt and cooluri

Philippe Moreau philippe.moreau.1 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 20:56:27 CEST 2010

Hello,

I'm making TYPO3 dynamically generate my robots.txt file using a page with
type number 5. This would be fairly easy using mod_rewrite, but
unfortunately cooluri doesn't like that. It doesn't understand the query
string that comes from the rewrite process.

So my three available options here are those:

   - Create a normal TYPO3 page that will contain my text and give it the
   url robots.txt
   - Create a cooluri link that simply translates robots.txt into the query
   string type=5
   - Hardcode the query into the cooluri configuration

The first two options are not acceptable, as they involve placing elements
inside a database table and hoping they never get deleted, which is kinda
like hoping that the rain never falls. So, the only good option I have is
the third one. I've been looking at various examples (mainly this:
http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dd33gg45_3f8j96p#XML-EXAMPLES) and thought
I could make it work using this configuration (This isn't the entire xml
obviously, just the important parts):

<predefinedparts>
    <part key="robots.txt">
      <parameter>type</parameter>
      <value>5</value>
    </part>
</predefinedparts>

<valuemaps>
    <valuemap>
      <parameter>type</parameter>
      <value key="robots.txt">5</value>
    </valuemap>
</valuemaps>

<partorder>
     <part>valuemaps</part>
     <part>pagepath</part>
     <part>uriparts</part>
     <part>predefinedparts</part>
</partorder>

But as you might have guessed, it doesn't work. Does anyone have an idea
about how I could do this? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you!