[TYPO3-english] How to change the default image uploadfolderuploads\pics?

Morten Kjems mke at bolius.dk
Tue Jul 27 13:44:20 CEST 2010

Thanks for all the answers.

It seems that you are all saying: "What you are asking for is already
possible, look closer."

Well, I am fully aware that an editor can use the folder button to browse
for existing images and also upload new images this way.

Browsing for existing images works fine. But uploading new images with this
approach involves far more steps and possible errors that necessary.

To upload a new image you need to: Click the folder icon > click the upload
tab > chose the destination folder > click browse > find your image > click
upload > chose your image

One common error that will occur with this approach is that the editor will
forget to chose the correct destination folder.

And why should he even be given that choice? There is only one image folder
in this project, so there is nothing to chose from.

The other option for uploading images is far simpler and more efficient:
Click Browse > chose your image > click upload. That is it and voilà your
new image is ready. The only problem is that the image is lost for the
editor outside of the fileadmin folder.

What I want is the simple and efficient approach, but I want to define the
destination folder.

The result is exactly the same as the "folder button approach" except that
it is simpler, free of possible errors and more efficient.

Now can anyone explain to me how to achieve this.

Actually I am just trying to answer simple questions from the editors:

- Why can't I find this image? I know I have uploaded it?
- Why do I have to chose the destination folder, can't I just click browse,
it is faster?

Can anyone answer?

/Morten