[TYPO3-english] Index content in Multilanguage Website

ppraveenk praveen.penupati at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 16:19:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have a TYPO3 multilanguage website with different languages like English,
Chinese, Hindi and Kannada.
I have 'indexed_search' configured in my setup.
The requirement is that when a user tries to search for some content in
hindi, the results should be shown in Hindi.
This functionality works for the Chinese, Spanish versions of the site, but
doesn't work for Hindi and Kannada languages.
I had logged into the backend to verify if the hindi, kannada pages are
indexed.
The pages are indexed, but only the english words present in the pages are
indexed, but not hindi/kannada words. I am not sure what I am missing here.
Is there any setting in TYPOSCRIPT which helps to index the content?

Cheers!
Praveen.