[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 & Windows 7 problem

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jul 17 16:26:21 CEST 2010

Hi Base,

Bas Heutink wrote:
> I just tried to run TYPO3 4.4.0 on Windows7
> with server2go version 1.8.1. But sadly still a blank backend.
>
> Recently I also tried usbwebserver and mowes portable after a tip in an
> earlier post, but these webservers also give a blank page in the backend.

Does the Install Tool ( http://localhost:4001/t3l3/typo3/install/ )
work? The Install Tool needs less features and resources that the
backend and lets you check basic stuff like access to directories
(Windows 7 might be a bit stricter with ownership, write access, etc.);
database, etc.
If all looks okay in the Install Tool make sure that you:
- remove everything from typo3temp and all subdirectories (except for
typo3temp/llxml)
- delete the temp_CACHED_* files from the typo3conf directory
- clear the browser cache

If the Install Tool doesn't work either I would test some standalone PHP
scripts.
Perhaps write a simple one with only:
<?php
phpinfo();