[TYPO3-english] How to change the default image upload folderuploads\pics?

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Thu Jul 15 13:58:35 CEST 2010

Hi, Morten.

> Since the image is not available for the editor in the backend. I guess
> that attaching means uploading the same image again from a local computer.
>
> There is nothing wrong with this approach except that you need a local
> image achieve which basically mirrors the uploads/pics folder. This is
> what I would like to avoid. With several editors I find it easier to keep
> all images accessible in the backend.
>
> Do I understand the concept correct?

Read carefully, what Ron has written before:
"If you have images that you want to use over and over. The user should put
the those images in the fileadmin directory and then browse for them each
time they need them. "

There is a 'Filelist' module, that allows such a possibility and even popup
window in Image and Text/wImage allows uploading the image into fileadmin
directory - just click small folder icon "Browse for files" and you'll see.