[TYPO3-english] Timestamp grid [was: Oracle performance issues]

bernd wilke t3ng at pi-phi.tk
Fri Jul 9 21:06:09 CEST 2010

Am Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:38:34 +0300 schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

> Hi!
>
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> No, the problem with Oracle really is the rewrite of all queries which
>> is inefficient but very hard to enhance without rewriting most of it.
>
> It is a generic problem of the core :( There are duplicate queries or
> separate fetches of records (multiple queries). But it will be very hard
> to fix because core code has too long history and it is chaotic at the
> moment :( Probably we can use more of caching framework to cache some
> data between requests instead of fetching it. Memcache or APC cache
> would save lots of database calls.

wouldn't it be helpful if all these queries would use slightly[1] fixed
timestampes than timestamps which change with every query.

most content on pages will change just once a day (at 0:00). so what use
are timestampes which change every second?

as long as queries are not cachable at all it will make no difference (as
it is in std-mysql). but using a database which could cache queries will
benefit if timestamps are reduced to the grid the changes take place. is
the next generation of mysql with it?

what about a core-function which reduces timestamps to the neccessary
grid, configurable in install-tool?
default is once a day, but some installtions may need an hour or minute
grid.

bernd
--
http://www.pi-phi.de/cheatsheet.html