[TYPO3-english] Oracle performance issues

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Jul 9 15:38:34 CEST 2010

Hi!

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> No, the problem with Oracle really is the rewrite of all queries which
> is inefficient but very hard to enhance without rewriting most of it.

It is a generic problem of the core :( There are duplicate queries or
separate fetches of records (multiple queries). But it will be very hard to
fix because core code has too long history and it is chaotic at the moment
:( Probably we can use more of caching framework to cache some data between
requests instead of fetching it. Memcache or APC cache would save lots of
database calls.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core&security teams member