[TYPO3-english] Oracle performance issues

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Fri Jul 9 13:34:11 CEST 2010

Hi Dmitry,

> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> Note: members active in the core mailing list may find useful to read
>> this post too, even if they do not use DBAL.
>
> I read it too but I did not have anything to answer :( The only thing I can

It was more to have an highlight preview of a patch I'll send at some
point of time in future ;-)

> advice in such cases is for MySQL: to check if engine types are set
> correctly. This is reason #1 for slow query execution in *such* cases (6
> seconds!). But this is not applicable to Oracle I think...

No, the problem with Oracle really is the rewrite of all queries which
is inefficient but very hard to enhance without rewriting most of it.

Using prepared queries is a solution that proved to overcome the rewrite
lengthy process and may even slightly speed up MySQL itself.

Xavier Perseguers