[TYPO3-english] Redirect from one Typo3 instance to another

John.C.Kennedy at LDHEnergy.com John.C.Kennedy at LDHEnergy.com
Thu Jul 8 17:46:38 CEST 2010

We currently have 2 Typo3 instances going. One is an English version of
our site, the other a Chinese version.
We realize that it would be best to set up a virtual host in Typo3 to do
what we need but have been old otherwise by the powers that be.

What we have been told to do is to have:
http://www.example.com
go to the English instance and to have
http://www.example.com/china
go to the Chinese instance.

I have tried to use the following in the (Apache) example.com vhost conf
file:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^/china  /www/typo3.cn/htdocs/index.php

and

RedirectMatch ^/china  /www/typo3.cn/htdocs/index.php

The Rewrite will point to an HTML version of the page and the
RedirectMatch will send to
http://www.example.com/china/www/typo3.cn/htdocs/index.php

We have also tried to create a Chinese version virtual host like:

<VirtualHost 10.20.230.165:80>
        ServerName  www.example.com
        ServerAlias  www.example.com
        ServerAdmin webmaster at example.com
        ServerPath /china

        DocumentRoot /www/typo3.cn/htdocs
        ErrorLog        logs/typo3-error.log
        CustomLog       logs/typo3-access.log combined

        AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
        DirectoryIndex  index.php index.html

        <Directory /www/typo3.cn>
                Options FollowSymLinks