[TYPO3-english] Force installer into 1 2 3 mode

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Thu Jul 8 09:59:49 CEST 2010

Am 07.07.2010, 17:06 Uhr, schrieb Simon Nute <snute2008 at googlemail.com>:

> Someone must now how to run the isntaller in 123 mode.  I notice on the
> screenshots of www.typo3.org that there is a "skill this -
> powerusersonly"  I think I am in the power users only bit although I
> have only just unpacked the zip file on my server.
>
> I am finding it all very frustrating.  Many thanks.

Okay, I figured it out for you:
Go to the URL
http://hostname/typo3/install/index.php?mode=123&step=1&password=joh316

You will be redirected automatically there, when your localconf.php only
contains the line with the installToolPassword and you open your
*Frontend* website.

I already wrote you, you should just start from scratch - this would have
removed the settings from localconf.php, which absence trigger the
123-mode.

So when you want to start from scratch, just delete your DB and your files
and reupload. I admit that it's quite ugly to get back into the process.

Steffen