[TYPO3-english] plugin.tt_news.pageTypoLink.target question

La Farge Douglas doug at gcnpublishing.com
Sat Jan 30 01:13:24 CET 2010

According to the documents for tt_news 3.0.1 the following should allow my tt_news type "links to external pages" to open a new window:

plugin.tt_news {

 pageTypoLink.target >
  pageTypoLink.target = _blank

}

however after adding this to my main template setup and/or the template setup for the specific page that my external pages news articles appear I'm not getting the desired results (news loads in the same page - it doesn't spawn a new window).

Does anyone have experience with this that might be able to offer some insight as to what I must be missing?

regards,
doug