[TYPO3-english] fresh install

Mark Smith typo3org at awayand.sleepmail.com
Fri Jan 22 02:10:38 CET 2010

I have tried doing a fresh install of typo to see if my problems
would go away. Unfortunately, I have more now. After installing the
source and dummy package, and enabling the install tool, I get this upon
trying to connect to the database:

The current username, password or host was not accepted when the
connection to the database was attempted to be established!

Trying to access the database with these credentials using a normal
mysql client works fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?