[TYPO3-english] fresh install

Denyerec denyerec at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 09:50:32 CET 2010

On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 01:10:38 -0000, Mark Smith
<typo3org at awayand.sleepmail.com> wrote:
> Trying to access the database with these credentials using a normal
> mysql client works fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

I'd start by looking at the PHP and MySQL logs to see if any error output
is generated by your attempt to log in. Did you test the credentials on
the same host the website is located? It could be that the hostname isn't
correct for the TYPO3 installation?

If the log output isn't clear, post it up & maybe someone will have an
idea.

Regards,
Denyer

--