[TYPO3-english] Caching Framework

Andreas Becker ab.becker at web.de
Thu Jan 21 09:22:18 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:09 PM, Steffen Gebert
<steffen at steffen-gebert.de>wrote:

> Am 21.01.2010, 08:52 Uhr, schrieb Andreas Becker <ab.becker at web.de>:
>

>  Thanks Dmitry
>>
>> so it is better to keep the old one in place until performance is getting
>> much better.
>>

> Not exactly.. unless you need the caching framework to cache anywhere else
> than in DB - memcache for example, which should compensate the overhead
> added by the new framework.

So it is useful to use memcached or even ngnix together with the new caching
framework. Is it that what you try to explain? I am a bit confused.

Questions which came up now:
Why is there a new caching framework when the old one is much faster?
What are the benefits and drawbacks using the new caching framework
1. alone
2. together with memcache (ngnix extension provides this)
3. together with ngnix (and memcached) (same extension)
4. together with the old caching system

If you are setting up a new site what would be best to use it - old or new
(1-4)

Does anybody have experience using it together with memcached, ngnix, ...

It would be nice to hear and read about it.

Thanks a lot

Andi