[TYPO3-english] Power Extension Manager: paypal buttons in backend

Denyerec denyerec at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:38:53 CET 2010

On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 12:12:10 -0000, Georg Ringer <news at ringerge.org> wrote:
> Maybe it would leed to more extensions you need to really buy and get
> them with more features and less ads.
>
> Really: How much did you ever pay to get TYPO3 and its extensions from
> TER? Nothing, cero, null!

Whilst paying for features seems to go against the 'mission statement' of
TYPO3, I certainly think that there should be some way to allow extension
authors to put an easy method for donations somewhere, and in the
extension manager (Most people's contact with the extension) seems like a
decent place. Another place would be to have a "Donate" or "Sponsor" link
on the Typo3.org extension search page perhaps?

Sure, I could go ahead and look up the extension author independently,
seek out his details, email him and arrange for a transfer of some
donation, but it'd be a lot more straightforward to just have a link right
there. If the mechanism to sponsor/donate is easy to access, then the
people who provide a huge amount of input to the extension community such
as (but of course by no means limited to!) the likes of Georg, KraftB,
PMK, Dmitry, Rupert, Jochen etc, might stand to reap just a little
charitable fruit from their admirable labours.

Of course, keeping it focussed and making sure it doesn't turn into some
corporate advertisement banner soup will be a challenge.

Just my thoughts.

Den

--
-----