[TYPO3-english] Power Extension Manager: paypal buttons in backend

Georg Ringer news at ringerge.org
Wed Jan 20 13:12:10 CET 2010

Hi,

Rob De Vries schrieb:
> After installing the plugin : Power Extension Manager (ch_lightem)
> the writer of this ext. managed to place paypal donate buttons and a
> banner for amazon in the ext. manager page.

my personal opinion: Extension ownsers need to life from something but
IMO it could be handled a bit better.

> I can not imagine that this is allowed. And if there are yet no rules
> for this kind of 'sponsorship' I guess it needs to be regulated and IMHO
> forbidden.

IMO it is allowed

> It not only raises ethical questions, but also practical issues.
> What if this is normal in the future and I have installed 20 extensions,
> all with there own banners and buttons in the ext.manager ?

Maybe it would leed to more extensions you need to really buy and get
them with more features and less ads.

Really: How much did you ever pay to get TYPO3 and its extensions from
TER? Nothing, cero, null!

If you don't like it, don't use it, make an better extension or of
course use something like XCLASS to make it adfree

Georg