[TYPO3-english] RealURL - Exclude From Speaking URL Option - Am I misunderstanding?

Denyer Ec denyerec at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 04:05:26 CET 2010

Hi all,

My simplified page structure is as follows:

- Product Range
- - Buttons
- - - Wooden Buttons
- - - Plastic Buttons
- - Stickers
- - - Paper stickers
- About Us
- Contact

RealURL is using the default automatic configuration at this point. I
am using Typo 4.3

Ok so, the URL for the product range is coming out as:

http://www.domain.com/product-range

This is as expected. However I would like the URLs for the subpages to
be shorter, thus I tick the option "Exclude from Speaking URL" option
on the Product Range page and save & clear caches.

What I expect to see is:
http://www.domain.com/buttons
http://www.domain.com/buttons/wooden-buttons
Etc

Instead, what I am seeing is this:
http://www.domain.com/product-range/buttons/

If I go to the Web>Info>Speaking URL Management I can see that all the
pages still show "Product-range" in their path segments. I tried to
use the pencil on this screen to edit the paths, but when I hit "Save"
it just reverts back to its previous state. Am I misunderstanding the
use of 'Exclude from Speaking URL" ? If so, what mechanism should I
use to exclude the 'Product Range' pathsegment?

Kind regards,
Denyer

-------
http://gallery.denyerec.co.uk