[TYPO3-english] Image Effects - How to add / modify existing entries

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Sat Jan 16 19:58:28 CET 2010

Hi DenyerEc,

Denyer Ec wrote:
>> Option 2, well I've drawn a complete blank. I couldn't find any
>> documentation online, so I decided to grep the sourcecode for the word
>> "normalize" (Which is one of the existing effects) to see if I could
>> find the source for it.
>
> More digging and the grep MAN page leads me to discover the code is
> buried in :  ./t3lib/class.t3lib_stdgraphic.php

$TCA['tt_content']['columns']['image_effects']['config']['items']
contains the items in the effects list. [1]

tslib_cObj::image_effects is array with corresponding effects (e.g. 20
=> '-normalize' [2]

In IMGTEXT these values are added to the file.params of the image. [3]

So you could prepare some parameters for ImageMagick which add a
watermark to the image, XCLASS tslib_cObj to add the effect to the
image_effects array and add the item to the TCA for the BE selectbox.

[1]
http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/typo3apidocs/latest/d9/d33/tbl__tt__content_8php_source.html
[2]
http://www.typo3-unleashed.net/typo3apidocs/latest/df/d65/classtslib__cObj.html#a3d4916dfee73758b19e34bc7411473c3