[TYPO3-english] 4.2.10 Install Toll problems

Christian Tardif christian.tardif at servinfo.ca
Thu Jan 14 03:27:07 CET 2010

Victor Livakovsky wrote:
> Cool! That helped!
>
> Thank you! :)
>
> "Philipp Gampe" <phil at philippgampe.info>
>>
>> had had this problem while massing with session handling in php.ini :|
>> (for testing via .htaccess)
>> php_value session.use_trans_sid 0
>> php_value session.use_only_cookies 1
>>
>> Best regards
>> Phil

Back with this problem... (did try not to look at my Typo3 installation
during Christmas time....  I promissed this  :-)

It seems, in fact, that these two values has no effect on my Typo3
installation. In fact, when I look at the created cookies on my
workstation, I see some strange behaviour. I'm seeing duplicate cookies!!!

For example, I'll see two fe_typo_user cookies for my domain: One that
ends at the end of the session, and one that ends exactly one year from
now. I'll also see this for be_typo_user, and PHPSESSID. Does it rings a
bell?

I cheched to make sure I didn't have any conflicts with .htaccess and
php.ini. Well...  I removes .htaccess!  :-)

This is rather annoying. It causes myself to disconnect from Typo3
administration, and it keeps me from being able to successfully connect
to the front end with UserID / Password. Well, in fact, I can connect.
But if I try to go further, The website will act as if I was not
connected. I think this comes from the duplicate cookies, isn't it?

Christian...