[TYPO3-english] tt_news LIST/LATEST linking question

Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern lorenz.ulrich at phz.ch
Sat Jan 9 10:34:46 CET 2010

Hi Doug

As far as I know that's not possible. But you may use generic markers to do so:

1. Make sure you're using tt_news 3.0 _or_ have ttnewsgenericmarkers installed (tt_news 2.x).

2. Place a marker named ###GENERIC_MARKERNAME### into your template.

3. Adapt the following typoscript and insert it:

plugin.tt_news.genericmarkers {
# define which fields from the tt_news table you want to have available for generic markers (comma separated list)
data = field_from_tt_news

  # name of the marker without GENERIC_
  markername = TEXT
  markername {
    field = field_from_tt_news # fieldname as above
    wrap = <a href="|" target="_blank">My Link</a>
    required = 1
  }

}

You may of course also use typolink to generate the link.

Regards,

Lorenz