[TYPO3-english] Back-end module "pages" still rendered with tables

"Duch (aka. Grégory Duchesnes)" typo3 at ilomedia.net
Fri Feb 26 11:04:03 CET 2010

I agree with both of you.

Tables are perfectly valid to render tabulated data, but as states Christopher, so called "experts" can disregard a tool only because of a rumor that it doesn't use divs where it "should" be.

The idea behind my post is not about all that. I'm not trying to please any expert, all i'd like to achieve is to make the BE a little bit more flexible in order to make it look a bit more like the FE with a simple CSS.

It is pretty simple on the paper, all it takes is to replace the table whose class is 'typo3-page-cols' by 4 divs (or more depending on TCA) with float:left and a width of 100%/x and add an id such as id="colPos_x"
This way, it doesn't change anything for most people and if someone wants to render the first column on top of the others (displayed like a header for example) he can using a simple additional CSS.

It is IMHO the most simple way since it doesn't need any fancy javascript.

Duch