[TYPO3-english] tt_news and cache ?

Søren Madsen sma at science.au.dk
Thu Feb 25 17:10:42 CET 2010

On 25/02/2010, at 16.17, Tomas Norre Mikkelsen wrote:

> I have a problem with tt_news and cache.
>
> I have a website with 5 languages.
>
> I have a sysfolder container all news, and the sysfolder is translated
> to the 5 languages.
>
> So all my news can be translated. Furthermore my singleview-page with
> tt_news plugin i translated as well.
>
> At my frontpage i have a tt_news element inserted via ts-conf, do by
> following ts.
>

> --TS tt_news : BEGIN --
>
> lib.news < plugin.tt_news
> lib.news {
>  code >
>  code = LATEST
>  latestLimit = 3
>  pid_list >
>  pid_list = 71 # the pids of the pages where your news are stored
>  catImageMode = 0
>  catTextMode = 0
>  singlePid = 70
>  templateFile = fileadmin/templates/SubTemp/tt_news.html
>  no_cache = 1
>  sys_language_mode = strict
>  clearCache = 71
> }
>
> --TS tt_news : END --
>
> My problem is that if i am at the english site, clear all 3 cache BE,
> and the goes to FE and refresh my browser, then i can see the english
> news. But if i chance to german i have to go to the BE again and clear
> all 3 and so on.. after visiting the german page, i cannot go back to
> english and still see the news, the cache has to be cleared BE again.
>
> This is not the prober way to have you solution :) So i have tried to
> see if tt_news can run without cache. I have tried:
>
> plugin.tt_news.no_cache=1
>
> and furthermore to try with no_cache for the entire site like this:
>

> config.no_cache=1
> page.config.no_cache=1
>
> Didn't know which was the right one so tried both, bot none of the
> tree things solved my problem.
>
> Now i quite confused on how to solve the problem, anyone can give me a
> hint to the right direction to solve this ?
>
> BTW: All other language depende content is working fine..
>
> --
> Best Regards
> Tomas Norre Mikkelsen

Hi Tomas,

You seem to know what you're doing, so this may be a shot in the dark, but have you tried this page TS (edit page properties > Options):

TCEMAIN {
   clearCacheCmd = [ID of the folder where your news records are stored]
}

Most of the no_cache options only clears the cache for the container page that holds your news - not the news records them selves. But setting that page TS clears the news record caches as well, when something is edited, added etc. to your news folder.

Kind regards,
Søren Madsen