[TYPO3-english] tt_news and cache ?

Tomas Norre Mikkelsen tomasnorre at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 16:17:30 CET 2010

Hej,

I have a problem with tt_news and cache.

I have a website with 5 languages.

I have a sysfolder container all news, and the sysfolder is translated
to the 5 languages.

So all my news can be translated. Furthermore my singleview-page with
tt_news plugin i translated as well.

At my frontpage i have a tt_news element inserted via ts-conf, do by
following ts.

--TS tt_news : BEGIN --

lib.news < plugin.tt_news
lib.news {
   code >
   code = LATEST
   latestLimit = 3
   pid_list >
   pid_list = 71 # the pids of the pages where your news are stored
   catImageMode = 0
   catTextMode = 0
   singlePid = 70
   templateFile = fileadmin/templates/SubTemp/tt_news.html
   no_cache = 1
   sys_language_mode = strict
   clearCache = 71
}

--TS tt_news : END --

My problem is that if i am at the english site, clear all 3 cache BE,
and the goes to FE and refresh my browser, then i can see the english
news. But if i chance to german i have to go to the BE again and clear
all 3 and so on.. after visiting the german page, i cannot go back to
english and still see the news, the cache has to be cleared BE again.

This is not the prober way to have you solution :) So i have tried to
see if tt_news can run without cache. I have tried:

plugin.tt_news.no_cache=1

and furthermore to try with no_cache for the entire site like this:

config.no_cache=1
page.config.no_cache=1

Didn't know which was the right one so tried both, bot none of the
tree things solved my problem.

Now i quite confused on how to solve the problem, anyone can give me a
hint to the right direction to solve this ?

BTW: All other language depende content is working fine..

--
Best Regards
Tomas Norre Mikkelsen