[TYPO3-english] t3 4.2.12, RTE: "Editor is loading, please wait ..."?

Kristian Rink lists at zimmer428.net
Wed Feb 24 15:29:10 CET 2010

Folks,

not sure whether this is (still?) a known issue, but somehow we have a
problem getting the RTE in typo 4.2.12 to work. At the moment, it's
rather straightforward: Most of the t3 functionality seems to work,
except for any click on any "Edit in Rich Text Editor" button which ends
up in a message "Editor is loading, please wait ..." being displayed,
and then - nada. Editor doesn't startup, no matter how long I do wait.

We've been googling this the last couple of days and tried out a bunch
of different things. No real success, though:

- Cleaning the typo3temp/ areas didn't help.

- Cleaning browser cache didn't help.

- Playing with timeout values in php.ini on the server didn't help.

- Installing firebug (in firefox 3.5.x) shows there are no JavaScript
related errors; looking at the apache2/mod_php error logs, things are
the same - no obvious problems.

So, overally: No errors, and it still doesn't work. And we're absolutely
running out of insights what to do next. Platform is Ubuntu 8.04.1, apache2:

Apache/2.2.8 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.4-2ubuntu5.10 with Suhosin-Patch
mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g

typo3 is 4.2.12, stock install as far as I can tell. Vague as it sounds,
maybe someone still has an idea where to look next?

TIA and all the best,
Kristian