[TYPO3-english] Typo3 4.3 and DAM 1.1.5 - error with media module and duplicates files

De Contardi Riccardo Riccardo.DeContardi at bhuman.it
Wed Feb 24 10:30:04 CET 2010

An urgent question about T3 workspaces

I use T3 4.3.1, Templavoila 1.7.3 and DAM 1.1.5, and I want to set up a
full working workflow. I've found this tutorial:

http://www.mcuniverse.com/Workspace-Typical.1239.0.html

and I tried to follow it, so... this is what I've done:

- created a "t3editors" Usergroup & and "editor" user (t3editor)

-  assigned only  "Draft workspace" to Usergroup

- assigned as mount point: home page && "media" (blue folder from DAM)

Modules and tables access are set from user group

My problem: I've created all the pages and news (tt_news) records in my
site with admin user, and assigned them to the group t3editors to let
the editor view & edit them (but not delete)

When I edit for example a news record in draft workspace (changing text,
I've noticed this behaviour:

When I save the record, the media (files, images ) are always duplicated
(e.g from my_image.jpg becomes my_image_02.jpg and so forth

I've added the patches in http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=11083 but
without results...

Also, editor BE user cannot access the "media" module: the message:

You have no access to the requested path.

/vol01/typo3-sites/test/fileadmin/images/gallery/

I've added all the patches in http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10654
but without results...

If I use a custom workspace, the media module works, but files are still
duplicated

These are known bugs, but how can I solve them?

Thank you for your support

Riccardo De Contardi - Web Developer
B Human Srl - www.bhuman.it
Via Canzio, 15 - 20131 Milano
TEL +39-02-20.23.271 - FAX +39-02-20.240.561

Chi riceve il presente messaggio e' tenuto a verificare se lo stesso non gli sia pervenuto per errore. In tal caso e' pregato di avvisare immediatamente il mittente e, tenuto conto delle responsabilita connesse all'indebito utilizzo e/o divulgazione del messaggio e/o delle informazioni in esso contenute, voglia cancellare l'originale e distruggere le varie copie o stampe.

The receiver of this message is required to check if he/she has received it erroneously. If so, the receiver is requested to immediately inform the sender and - in consideration of the responsibilities arising from undue use and/or disclosure of the message and/or the information contained therein - destroy the original message and any copy or printout thereof.