[TYPO3-english] How to hide Flexform fields for BE users?

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Feb 18 17:10:29 CET 2010

Bernard Munslow wrote:
>>> How can I hide fields in a BE form when they come from a flexform?
>> Use displayCond (e.g. HIDE_FOR_NON_ADMINS) in the flexform [1].
> The problem is that this statement hides the whole flexform, and I only
> want to hide specific fields.  (It'd be great to define them as

You can set displayCond also on specific fields:
<searchTable>
  <TCEforms>
   <label>LLL:EXT:ext1/pi1/locallang.xml:flexform.searchTable</label>
   <config>
    <type>select</type>
    <items></items>
    <allowNonIdValues>1</allowNonIdValues>
    <size>10</size>
    <maxitems>1</maxitems>
    <minitems>1</minitems>
    <special>tables</special>
   </config>
   <onChange>reload</onChange>
   <displayCond>FIELD:mode:IN:SEARCH,ADVANCEDSEARCH</displayCond>
  </TCEforms>
</searchTable>

(a single element definition in a flexform)

--
Jigal van Hemert.