[TYPO3-english] Backend problems after update to 4.3.1.

Menno Appelhof demennooos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 11:45:47 CET 2010

Hi Group,

Last week I have upgraded our 4.1 version to 4.3.1 (with the step of
upgrading to 4.2 in between).

Everything went smooth, the frontend is working normally, it is the
backend giving me headaches now.
When I log in on the backend the menu on the left is shown normally, the
page tree is shown normally, but on the right side the content window is
just showing the frontend website.

The standard Typo Mods like Template, List and Access work normally, but
Page (with TV icont), Templavoila, News Adminand a few other just show
the homepage on the right side of the screen.

Admin tools seem to work normally, just like the filebrowser. It is just
a few modules under Page that don't work like they should.

The site runs on a sub-dir, htaccess which is used for RealUrl in the
basic settings like the supplied htaccess with the typo install.

PHP version used on the server is 5.2.12, mysql is version 5.1.43.

My office system is a Mac with Safari 4.04, my other test unit is a
Windows 7 laptop with IE8, Firefox and Chrome.

What I have tried:
- clearing browser cache; no result
- removing obosolete and beta extensions; no result
- clearing various caches in the database; no result
- clearing all temp files in typo3temp; no reult
- enabling and disabeling various extensions, clearing cache and try
again; no result.

Any one a good idea on how to solve this problem?

Thanks,

Menno