[TYPO3-english] Saving pages in BE locks complete database

Christopher Lörken lists at bytro.com
Mon Feb 15 16:10:11 CET 2010

Am 27.01.2010 15:17, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:
> Hi!
>
> On 2010-01-27 16:00:31 +0200, Christopher Lörken said:
>> I've executed the statement again. It took ~ 11 seconds for a <200
>> rows table so it seems to have done something...
>
> Well, technically it creates a copy of the table with records sorted in
> the primary key order. Since InnoDB keeps indexes together with rows, it
> will speed up both index usage and row searching without indexes. When
> you convert tables from one engine to another, sorting does not happen.
> Second execution makes it better.
>
> That's short theory behind calling this statement for a second time.

Thank you for your explanation.

I have executed that command a couple of times during the last two
weeks. Unfortunately, it does not solve our problem.

Another update to a page today resulted in the same blocking behavior:

The complete database locked with no queries coming back from it. The
update query for last changed time on table pages was the longest
running of these queries so presumably caused this deadlock.

The load on our combined web and db server during the time of the
deadlock was:
- Apache: roughly 60 req/sec
- MySQL 150 select queries / sec (plus 150 cache hits) as well as a
handful of insert delayed statements and the usual background noise of
fe_users / fe_sessions and mm_forum updates

The server is a dual quadcore with 16GB of ram.

Sadly, I'm kind of out of ideas what to try here...

I'm grateful for all suggestions anyone might have.

Regards,
Christopher