[TYPO3-english] realurl and selector box menu / drop down menu

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Thu Feb 11 17:01:54 CET 2010

> I am new to
> realurl but have managed to make it work in basic instances.
>
> But on a
> site in which the menu is a drop down selector box, I cannot make the
> realurl work
> when using the drop down selector to navigate.
>
> Following basic
> settings, it displays urls like this: “index.php?id=[idnumber]” –
> when navigation
> by using the drop down selector.
> (If navigation from one page to another by a
> normal internal link, the realurl works fine, displaying the page
> title in the url).
>
> Does anyone
> have any input on how to make the realurl work when navigating with
> drop down selector
> so that it shows the page title in the address bar?

You are using a manually created link:

wrap = <div><select name="dropdown_navi" size="1"
onChange="document.location.href='index.php?id=' +
this.value">|</select></div>

How do you think should realURL handle or transform this link, when it's not
generated by TYPO3?

Maybe you should check out the menu type JSMENU.
TSref is your friend.

HTH

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian