[TYPO3-english] problem with date2cal and date generation

jochem nabuurs jochem at roquin.nl
Wed Feb 10 16:10:47 CET 2010

Hi list,

I'm having a problem with date2cal version 7.3.x and date generation in
the backend. I'm using the dutch notation. When setting a date (f.e. for
showing a CE in the future, and the day number is lower than the month
number, the day and month are switched. So november 4th (04-11-2010) is
shown as 11-04-2010 which corresponds to april 11th in dutch date
notation. I've tried setting the date notation in TCA through the
installmanager:

$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['ddmmyy'] 		   = 'd-m-Y';
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['USdateFormat'] 	   = '';

And in the backend the label under the date field shows the following
notation (which corresponds to the dutch notation): HH:MM dd-mm-yyyy

I've been looking for the answer for allmost 3 hours now, and can't seem
to find the correct way to solve this. Version 7.2.0 seems to render the
date correct but this version has some bugs when using powermail (date
gets reset when submitting a powermail form, failing validation).

I hope someone can help me with this issue because the website on which
this error occurs is allready live.

Thanks in advance.

Jochem Nabuurs

ROQUIN E-Solutions