[TYPO3-english] Time based pulishing

JoH asenau info at cybercraft.de
Sun Feb 7 19:33:52 CET 2010

> But I checked this right now even in TYPO3 3.8.1 and it isn't the case
> as I tought. Would be a good thing to implement such a feature, as it
> would improve using the start/stop visibility settings without setting
> the page-cache timeout to a very low value.
>
> The way I described this would allow a page to stay in cache until its
> content really changes.

The problem is, that many people send cache headers based on the page's
cache settings to avoid additional http requests just to tell the browser
there's nothing new. This would still result in the same content being
displayed although the TYPO3 cache itself already had been cleared.

So it's not just a feature that can be implemented quickly I guess

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
Xing: http://contact.cybercraft.de
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bunnyfield