[TYPO3-english] Tricky RealURL problem

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sun Feb 7 18:03:43 CET 2010

Ulrich Lorenz PHZ Luzern wrote:

> - Zentrum Menschenrechtsbildung (pagetype "External URL" to German page
> URL, is only displayed in English language by condition)

I would not use a page of type "External URL" and fill in the realURL
link of the target page as this won't work in any case.

As you probably know, realURL caches the link results and in the case
you are clearing the realURL cache the link from the external URL page
wont work anymore.

It would be a cleaner approach to modify the TypoScript generating your
menu, to simply add a link to the appropriate language and/or pages.

You can do this by using the "typolink" property of stdWrap. Sadly I do
not know where you put this link on your website - I get redirected when
opening it.

greets,
Bernhard