[TYPO3-english] Time based pulishing

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at think-open.at
Sun Feb 7 17:57:25 CET 2010

bernd wilke wrote:

> the second problem (as Jigal already has written): the internal cache
> from TYPO3 works by default on a 24hour base. with the TS-setting
> config.cache_clearAtMidnight = 1 each day (by date) the content is build
> up new.

Hello !

I guess I must have been in some kind of other TYPO3 dimension. But
until now I tought the TYPO3 cache "expire" field would get set
depending on the lowest tstamp from all content displayed.

So if you have a page showing two content elements, and one changes
visibility in 3 hours, and the other on in 2 hours, the expire timestamp
will be set to 2 hours in the future, invalidating the cache page as
soon as a displayed element changes visibility ....

But I checked this right now even in TYPO3 3.8.1 and it isn't the case
as I tought. Would be a good thing to implement such a feature, as it
would improve using the start/stop visibility settings without setting
the page-cache timeout to a very low value.

The way I described this would allow a page to stay in cache until its
content really changes.

greets,
Bernhard