[TYPO3-english] RealURL: valueMap and different languages in one domain

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Wed Feb 3 10:42:47 CET 2010

Bernhard Kraft pisze:
> Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff schrieb:
>
>> 2. while using tableLookUp - I've no idea how to get localized values
>> from title overlay field (for an example from table: tt_news_cat) in
>> fact if there's no other possibility I would use valuMap config for that
>> part, but it's dependent at the first point of my problem still :)
>
> Instead of using "lookUpTable" you could use "userFunc" and write your own
> custom user functions, which takes the current language in account when
> encoding, decoding the url-part.
>
> Probably there is already some userfunc snippet out there for this case, if
> not it would be fine if you could put it on "snippets.typo3.org" if you
> create such a userFunc.
>

> greets,
> Bernhard

That's the idea. Unfortunately because of terms I moved forward changing
the tree structure to display each category on separate page (which
translates with no problems) however problem with valueMaps remains, so
I will (read: I need) take this concept soon... Will publish it when done.

Greetings!

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)