[TYPO3-english] Pagetree missing after upgrade to 4.5beta3

Žiga Dolhar ziga at dolhar.si
Thu Dec 30 19:42:24 CET 2010

Hello Xavier,

On 30.12.2010 19:33, Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> I don't really understand why you should first delete this directory.
> How do you upgrade to beta3? You replace the whole typo3_src directory,
> right? As such you symbolic links for t3lib and typo3 directories use
> the new files...
>
> If you don't use symbolic links (Windows for instance), I guess you are
> completely removing t3lib and typo3 directories and using corresponding
> directories from beta3 zip and not simply copying files from these
> directories coming from beta3 over your existing install?
>
> I fear this is what you did, which is conceptually wrong and not the way
> TYPO3 is intended to be upgraded from a previous version.

You are right (Windows installation) - I have always so far (i.e. for 2
years) upgraded in this "copy-over" way. I don't remember exactly when
and where, but when searching for upgrade instructions, I read that I
should simply copy new src files to the existing location. I don't
remember being told to replace (i.e. first delete) old src files.

Apparently, I either understood the instructions wrong or came across
bad instructions :-). (After a wasted day, I'm sure this won't happen
again.)

Thanks to all helping me out with this issue!

Yours, Žiga