[TYPO3-english] Pagetree missing after upgrade to 4.5beta3

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Dec 30 19:33:52 CET 2010

Hi Žiga,

> Therefore, the solution is to totally delete the "typo3/sysext/pagetree"
> folder before upgrading to beta3.

I don't really understand why you should first delete this directory.
How do you upgrade to beta3? You replace the whole typo3_src directory,
right? As such you symbolic links for t3lib and typo3 directories use
the new files...

If you don't use symbolic links (Windows for instance), I guess you are
completely removing t3lib and typo3 directories and using corresponding
directories from beta3 zip and not simply copying files from these
directories coming from beta3 over your existing install?

I fear this is what you did, which is conceptually wrong and not the way
TYPO3 is intended to be upgraded from a previous version.

Cheers
Xavier