[TYPO3-english] Broken Introduction Package

Frank Sonck frank.sonck at freebel.net
Wed Dec 29 16:21:03 CET 2010

Hello Steffen,

Op Wed, 29 Dec 2010 14:25:20 +0100, schreef Steffen Gebert:

> Of course, the Install Tool has several glitches. I already responded to
> some points, which are bad in general.
>
> However, most of the mentioned points are caused by the fact that you
> didn't run through the 1-2-3 installation process (neither the
> Introduction Package mode, which gives you an example site and numerous
> pre-configurations, nor the "empty site" mode which you might use, if
> you are familiar with TYPO3 and want to create a new site).

I am familiar with TYPO3 since some 4 years. I feel for some time that
the install could be more user-friendly so I finally took some time to
test AND write down. ;>))
I have to admit that for some odd reason I never really used the 123
install mode. Stupid probably.

> Without running the 1-2-3 wizard, you _can_ install TYPO3 - however I
> assume almost nobody does it, because - as you have seen - it is very
> user unfriendly.
>
> Have you tried to access /typo3/ to get into the 1-2-3 mode?

I have re-installed again, now using '/typo3/'. Well it redirects to '/
typo3/install' BUT now with 123mode (visible in URL). When - in my first
try I added '/typo3/install' directly I didn't get the 123mode!

I ran through the 123mode now. See my account below. I think I ran into 2
little problems:

1/ after the message that dirs fileadmin and uploads should be writeable
you should chmod the dirs and REFRESH! If you hit 'continue' then things
go wrong. Better mention that users should refresh.

2/ after install the nav menu links in in the FE don't work (on my
localhost install)

Kind greetings again!
Frank

Account:

added segement 'typo3'
create ENABLE_INSTALL_TOOL file
chmod 777 localconf.php
chmod -R 777 typo3conf, typo3temp
arriving in 1234 TYPO3 install tool and hit 'continue'
filling out user, pw and localhost to connect to mysql

create new database (type name 'introductionpackage450beta3') and hit
'continue'

Intropackage is already checked.
Message: dirs fileadmin and uploads should be writeable
chmod -R 777 these 2 dirs
Refresh browser (***PROBLEM 1 ***: tried hit 'continue' here before but
then the procedure goes wrong: no database selected. Even if you hir the
back button of your browser 1, 2 or 3 steps you still end up with the
same message: no database. You're stuck)
Refresh

Create install pw
Choose colour

FE looks good.

***PROBLEM 2 ***:
FE: links in nav menu don't work correctly: "The requested URL /
introductionpackage-4.5.0beta3/about-typo3/ was not found on this server."