[TYPO3-english] Broken Introduction Package

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Wed Dec 29 14:25:20 CET 2010

> Sorry for the posts in typo3.projects.v4 list! I replied (and retried) to
> your post in the typo3.english list but my message arrived in the other
> group.
Think because the reply-to list/group was the v4 list.

> What do you think about the other points in my message? Is there still
> possibility to adapt the install procedure?
Of course, the Install Tool has several glitches. I already responded to
some points, which are bad in general.

However, most of the mentioned points are caused by the fact that you
didn't run through the 1-2-3 installation process (neither the
Introduction Package mode, which gives you an example site and numerous
pre-configurations, nor the "empty site" mode which you might use, if
you are familiar with TYPO3 and want to create a new site).

Without running the 1-2-3 wizard, you _can_ install TYPO3 - however I
assume almost nobody does it, because - as you have seen - it is very
user unfriendly.

Have you tried to access /typo3/ to get into the 1-2-3 mode?

Kind regards
Steffen

--
Steffen Gebert